Friday, January 28, 2011

Painted Pinecones

Ok, so not every craft I set out to conquer works out so well. This would be one of them.

I saw this idea somewhere ( I will leave it unmentioned because I may not speak of it with admiration.) It looked like an easy, fun idea, and I thought the white pinecones would add to my bowl of pinecones that rests on my coffee table. I followed the instructions, but it was a ROYAL pain in my behind. Seriously. ANNND it took FOREVER for them to dry. When it was all said and done, I thought to myself, "Why didn't I just spray paint them?" Ahhh, such is life....an experience, right? I will say that I think they look nice, but also...I wouldn't do it again.
In case you want to make your own decision on how ROYAL this is....here you go.

What you need:
florist wire
pinecones
paint

What you do:
1. Wrap the florist wire around the pinecone, so that you can handle it easily.
2. Dip COMEPLETELY in paint.
3. Place on hanger to allow pinecones to drip dry.
Sounds easy enough, doesn't it?? Ummm, yeah.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think that the pine cones hanging off the wire might be a good decoration. Maybe replace the florist wire with something else and you might have a nice Christmas mantle decoration!

Anonymous said...

I think they love pretty. They probably took longer to dry since they were "dipped" in paint but the end result is nice :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...