Monday, February 14, 2011

Luc's Party Part 1: Decor, Food, and Games

Ok, so there is too much to show in one day. I thought I would spread it out a little... Today I will present you with, as the title states, decor, food, and games. Tomorrow I will post pics of the birthday boy, and guests. (If you are a guest and don't want me to put up your pic...now's the time to say...)

Let's get started. Here is the lollipop invite. I wanted to use mostly blue and red, so my lollis were all one of the two. This is how they looked when I gave them out.
Once you take the ribbon and wrapping off, you can see that there is another part of the invite.
Well, it was a candy theme. I now know that I bought too much candy. I admit it. Don't tell my husband that I admitted it, though..ok? It's sooooo hard to measure....Anyway, I didn't go over budget, and that's what was important. Back to candy. and food....
Candy consisted of Pretzel M&Ms, Twizzlers, Dum Dums, Gummy Bears, Gumballs, and a Kiddimix that had all kinds of stuff. I didn't stray to far from sugar with the rest of the food.... rainbow cupcakes, oreo truffles, chocolate covered marshmallows, and popcorn. yum. I also made a flag banner to hang across the two tables using scrapbook paper and yarn.
I used my own and some borrowed big glass containers, and labeled with ribbon and tags.
A fan of cupcake toppers, I couldn't forget them. I made three different ones and alternated the background circle of scrapbook paper. Ah! They were really cute.
The popcorn cups also had the same labels as the cupcake toppers.
Another banner hanging above the table....
Close up of rainbow cupcakes...yummmmmy
Of course, everyone got to take loads of candy home with them using cute favor bags....

I asked my friend, Kristy, to sew me some rice bags for the "Candy Toss" game. She did such a great job! Soooooseeewww cute! The kids loved playing this game. I forgot to take a pic, but I just used a big galvanized bucket and tied a bunch of blue/red ribbon on the handles. The kids would have done this game ALL DAY!The other game we played was a pin the tale on the donkey game, except it was pin the lollipop on Luc. I drew and colored this big poster of Luc (used the elmo at school), and printed a pic of a lollipop to use. The kids weren't super excited about being blindfolded, but they were all good sports...well, most of them cheated, but they did let me blindfold them. :)

It turned out to be a great party. I wish my pics were a bit better, but of course, I was running late still putting decorations up when guests started arriving. Once I finished, I ran around again trying to take pictures so I could start the games with the kids. Other than that...successful afternoon. Everything looked and TASTED great, and Luc had a fabulous time. You will see tomorrow when I post all the cute little pics of him and his friends. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

really cute! i love all the candy and your colors are really bright and fun!

erin said...

I love it! The colors are awesome! You did such a great job. Wish we could have been there!

Unknown said...

great pictures

Anonymous said...

supreme hoodie
jordan shoes
golden goose outlet
kyrie 7
yeezy boost 350
golden goose
fear of god t shirt
jordan 13
curry shoes
jordan shoes

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...