Thursday, March 24, 2011

Spring Nest Cookies


I know. I have been M.I.A. for a couple of...well, probably more than a couple of weeks. I hit a rough spot in the road, and it's taken me a couple of weeks to snap out of it. But ATLAS! Spring is here, and my joy has once again risen above the clouds. (Thanks be to God!)

This week the family has been off for spring break. We didn't go anywhere, but rather enjoyed just being home. There has been wonderful weather, yard projects conquered, and quality time spent with my boys....which is something that has been lacking lately.

My energy has slowly been rejuvenated, and I have finally started working creatively. My mind is blowing up with things I want to do to celebrate spring's arrival, but we'll see how it all plays out. I did get to work on a new spring wreath (that post is coming up tomorrow), and of course, Cash and I worked on these little Spring Nest Cookies. They are delightfully yummy, and make me smile just to look at them. PLUS- So. Stink'n.Easy.


Spring Nest Cookies:

12 oz. chow mein Noodles
12 oz. butterscotch morsels
1 big bag egg-shaped chocolates

Line a baking sheet with wax/parchment paper. Place butterscotch morsels in a microwave-safe bowl and place them in the microwave. Heat for 30 seconds then remove to stir. Return to the microwave and heat again for 30 seconds. Stir until melted. Add in the chow mein noodles and mix till combined. Use a 1/4 measuring cup to portion out the cookies onto the baking sheet. If the mixture starts to solidify in the mixing bowl, you can reheat for 15 to 30 seconds to melt. Place three egg-shaped candies in the center of each cookie. Allow to set for at least 5 minutes before serving or transferring.

That's it. This recipe makes 2 1/2 dozen...A LOT!
So run out, right now, and get your ingredients. Whip up a little spring. It will make you feel better, I promise. :)

3/25/11
My boys love the butterscotch, but Andre and I think we would prefer peanut butter morsels....just a thought.

2 comments:

tiptop2 said...

They had some of this at church last month but without the eggs....looks like fun and they are tastee!!! Maybe I will try to make them and give them to my nice friends for Easter!

Katharin said...

Sooo cute and sooo easy! Sounds like my kind-of craft/baking project! THanks for the idea.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...