Thursday, January 12, 2012

Renewed Lamp

Over the holiday break, I had a goal to get my craft space in order. After Chatty Crafty, my STUFF was -literally- EVERYWHERE. All over. every nook and cranny had soooooooommmmmmething stuck in it.

So! I went to the store and purchased a bunch of bins, and went to it. The organization is now done, now I am on to the "making it pretty" stage. That's where this lamp comes in to play.

I saw a lamp like this on Pinterest, and it was made by The Pleated Poppy. (awesome blog, BTW)

There was an ugly old lamp in my craft space that I was using. It had a flecked gold and cream base, and a plain old shade. It seemed like the perfect way to begin this project. :)

What you need:


spray paint

lamp shade

bits of material

What you do:

lamp base-

-Spray the base with a couple of coats of primer.

Let primer dry between coats.

-Spray a couple of coats of spray paint.

Again, let paint dry between coats.


-Cut off the material of the shade revealing the metal skeleton

of the shade.

-Cut material strips about an 1 1/2 in. wide.

-Tie strips to the lamp shade.

There you go. Shabby Chic.

This pretty little lamp sits on my crafting table.

More on my organization annnnnd decor coming!


erin said...

LOVE it! I am so sure. Of course you did that. I pinned it too. I had already started cutting the strips of fabric last week. I can't wait.

☼Carolina Artesanías☼ said...

♫ .♥.•* ★¨`*•♫.•´*.¸.•´♥ ♫
☀ Felíz ☀ Día ☀ Amigos! ☀☀
♫ .♥.•* ☀¨`*•♫.•´*.¸☀.•´♥
┊ ┊┊ ┊☀┊ ┊ ┊┊ ☀ه
ه┊ ☀ ┊ ┊ ི♥ྀ
☀ ┊┊ ☀ه
ه┊ ☀

tiptop2 said...

Looks like FUN and perhaps something I could do....? I will add that to my list of things for us to do when you come. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...