Another fun, easy, and ohhh so tasty gift idea. These are the perfect union between personable gift and delightful treat. :)
Here's what you need:
*chocolate to melt (I splurged and went for the Ghirardeli)
*chopped nuts, dired fruits, broken up bits of candy or candy cane (I just went with pecans because I had them on hand.)
How to do it:
1. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler or by pulsing with heat in the microwave. Stir in the dried fruit, nuts or candy.
2. Arrange the cookie cutters on the parchment or freezer paper, making sure the sit absolutely flat against the paper so that no chocolate leaks under the edges.
3. Holding the cooking cutter in place with one hand, carefully pour the melted chocolate mixture into the center of the cookie cutter until it reaches the top rim of the cutter.
4. Continue to fill the cookie cutters until you have used up all the chocolate. Allow the candy to harden completely before peeling up from the paper.
5. Slip each filled cookie cutter into a small clear gift bag and tie at the top with a ribbon and tag. Store in a cool place.